What is a Visionist?

"A visionist is an artist, a creator or an individual that sees beyond what is visible to the eyes and brains of human beings. Visionists are thinkers, they are the recognisable brains in soociety, but most times they are seen as absurd, "nerds" and misfits – they just don't fit into the societies. They are people with great dreams and minds."

The English Wikipedia

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hey, I'm Bloggin Here!

This is something really new for me, so I hope you will all be patient with me. I started blogging on January 1 and am just having a ball with it. I'm blogging here! Ideas and inspirations are just gushing out. I have a lot to say and I hope it is of some value. I will try to stay focused on the issue of Globalization, but can only do that by also explaining my point of view and whence it comes. One of my friends said my blog was "too high brow" for him. Great! If I cannot ground my visions in some philosophical basis and my own life story and enrich it with a an attempt at being literate and--dare I say it-- literary, I probably would not want to do this. Blogger, which is the site I use to host my blog, now has about 3.5 million bloggers registered. So there are a lot of blogs out there.

Today, I heard on the BBC that the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan had ordered all of his ministers to start their own blogs. He had set up his own and apparently has been bombarded by questions about his government, including issues of corruption. Apparently, he has not yet answered them yet, but something is happening here. What will be the effect of this much openness and an ability of people to express themselves and instantly publish their views to anyone interested. Of course, for the private individual, there is a huge challenge in getting anyone to look at your blog. I am actually pleased by the response so far to just sending an invitation out to the people I know and getting a lot of very nice reactions. Some have even suggested edits, which I really like. If I can say what I am saying better, more correctly, and without any typos, misspellings or ungrammatical sentences or, heaven forbid, factual mistakes, so much the better.

1 comment:

  1. Escrevi uma resposta, mas se perdeu neste labirinto da Internet que ninguém sabe onde fica! Dizia que tens que ir fundo, porque a onda é 'bloguear'! Se a gente consegue escrever o que pensa e o que lhe vai na alma, ao menos ouve a si própria, de fora para dentro. Uma vez no papel, tudo faz muito mais sentido... LW

    ReplyDelete